The main challenge was construction of the vertically draining base. Our design has strength/durability and the required vertical drainage properties. Key to success was careful attention to the placement of material layers and compaction rates.
Auckland Civil co-ordinated all aspects of construction and subcontract activity to achieve a high quality result which more than satisfied client and architect.
- Re-contouring to form a new artificial, vertically draining court
- Stripping existing topsoil and carrying out cut-and-fill
- Calculating and sourcing suitable fill to complete the earthworks.
- Construction of a complex, under-field drainage system
Strict horizontal tolerances met and vertically draining design.
- A plastic covered wire mesh fence with powder-coated poles and top
- A sports equipment store to accommodate equipment
- A perimeter kerb and channels with landscaping and topsoil to finish.
- Paving on one side of the court to allow access from the school and field.
- An Auckland Civil/TEAM Sports Surfaces project