Papatoetoe Recreation Centre
Constructing this large scale, multi-use sporting facility involved:
- Coordinating multiple subcontractors
- International turf standards for Hockey and for tennis maintained
- Large-scale masonry retaining walls, stairs, lighting, fencing, drainage, base course to exacting standards, concrete paths, water reticulation and turf placement.
- Asphaltic car park 2000m2 including all kerbing, channels, footpaths
- Extensive fencing
- Power and lighting
- Concrete retaining walls
- Public drainage and water reticulation
Carried out at the same time, under a separate contract, site works and ground works contractor including a 2000m2 asphalt car park for the new facility and ancillary kerbing, footpaths.
This was the first of its kind in the Auckland Region. A multi-use facility/hub for all local sporting codes including Hockey, Tennis, Bowls, Rugby, Cricket and Football.
The 3000m2 tennis courts where designed to be used as a multi-use training facility/tennis club facility, whilst the 6000m2 hockey facility dedicated to Hockey only and home for Southern Hockey.
All aspects of the project were co-ordinated between the Architects Pacific Environments, the Engineers CLC Consulting, The Trust, Manukau City Parks and Auckland Civil. A project carried out successfully, and a legacy for the Papatoetoe Community.
Constructed to FIH standards. Grades and surface characteristics are more stringent than FIFA / IRB (evenness and slope).
- Ward Chandler – Lighting and Electrical
- Fencerite – Fencing
- Nasey Contractors – Retaining walls
- Water Dynamics – Hockey turf water
- ICB – Walls